Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oracle APEX: At Oracle 6i Developers' Mercy

I heard about Oracle APEX from a lot of people, and that it was really a gem in designing Oracle Web Applications. I was wondering like Oracle IAS, we would need to know a lot of Java to do the same. But, to my surprise, Oracle Application Express was a true "Oracle SQL, PL/SQL" Web based developement tool. Everything you design, develop and deploy comes from the database.

You need to have an ADMIN schema for managing Oracle APEX and then, you can have separate schemas for your developments, where you will "actually" store all you forms, reports, coding, SQL and PL/SQL objects, etc. When you run your application through a web server, all the elements of the page come from the database. That's Remarkable. Don't believe me!!! Then try it your self.

In the next post I will show you how I set up the APEX environment for our developers, for them to evaluate APEX for internal developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment